[asterisk-users] dahdi/DTMF problem

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Mon Sep 7 08:20:27 CDT 2009

I posted about this before without ever finding a solution, so I'm
trying again. I am upgrading from Fedora 8, asterisk-1.4.21, and zaptel
1.4.11 to Fedora 11, asterisk-1.6.1 and dahdi-2.1 . I have a couple of
VOIP phones via SIP and one  Wildcard TDM400P REV I with 3 FXS and one
FXO port. I am using the same extensions.conf with as few mods as
possible. Obviously I have had to convert from a zapata.conf to a
chan_dahdi.conf (auto-generated with dahdi_genconf).

Almost everything works, with the major exception that incoming calls
through the FXO line are dropped as soon as there is a button press.
The error logged is:

[Aug 23 18:15:39] WARNING[6532] chan_dahdi.c: Cannot handle frames in 2
format
[Aug 23 18:15:39] WARNING[6532] file.c: Failed to write frame

Which looks like this bug:

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=15129

The bug report hasn't really been updated in almost 4 months.

I understand this means that one codec was received while another was
expected, but how do I fix it? Where can I look to debug this? This is a
show stopper for me because I use a menu to separate calls for my wife,
myself, and a local organization into separate mailboxes and distinctive
rings.

Thanks for any advice,
--Greg