[asterisk-users] Using asterisk as the recording server

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Sep 7 04:58:38 CDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 01:15:12AM -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 1:03 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Sep 06, 2009 at 11:06:39PM -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:

> > recording, i
> > server(like
> > outbound

> > asterisk(record

> > > Is there any SIP or other VoIP in the mix?  If so, you should take a look
> > at
> > > OrecX.
> > > http://oreka.sourceforge.net (Open Source)
> > > They also have a paid version.
> >
> > Another method to do that is to make the Asterisk monitor output dummy
> > SIP calls rather than sound files. Oreka/Orex can listen to those.
> >
> > Looking for volunteers to test that:
> >
> >  http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/tzafrir/monitor-rtp/
> >  http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/tzafrir/monitor-rtp-14/
> >
> > http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/tzafrir/monitor-rtp/configs/monitor.conf.sample
> >
> > This allows recording non-VoIP links, VoIP links where tapping is not
> > convinient, or more selective recording of VoIP calls.
> >

> Is this similar or the same as the portion of my post that you snipped?

Different in many ways, which is why I snipped it.

> "Sangoma RTP Tap will allow you to record TDM calls, again using OrecX but
> minus the VoIP."

(Actually: recorded calls are sent as RTP streams to the Orex/Oreka
server)

This records outside of Asterisk. Thus it lacks information available in
Asterisk (who really called who). OTOH, it is Asterisk-specific.

We actually considered implementing something similar to the Sangoma
interface in our driver but realised that doing it in Asterisk would
probably be more useful. The overheade seems reasonable.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com