[asterisk-users] Asterisk PBX causes mysql to take more CPU time

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Fri Sep 4 11:27:03 CDT 2009

MURALI V escribió:
> Hi All,
>

>       I am using asterisk-1.4.22 with mysql as my storage medium for
> voice messages.Right now i am running 700+ extensions with this setup .
>
> *System Configuration:*
>
> asterisk-1.4.22.1
> (using odbc storage for voice messages)
>
> unixODBC-2.2.11-7.1
> mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.12-2.2
> mysql-server-5.0.45-7.el5
> CentOS-5.2 (64 bit)
>

> *The following are the issues i am facing:*
>
>       1) CPU time always shows 30%-90% for mysql when asterisk is
> running . The CPU time goes normal for mysql  when asterisk is stopped.
Obviously the MySQL CPU time droppes to near zero if the only process
who uses it stops! Check what kind of queries asterisk is making and if
that can be optimized.

>       2) calls are getting dropped suddenly.
>
>       3) Some answered calls does not hear anything at the
> receiver/initiater end.
>
>       4) asterisk itself gets crashed at times
>
>       5) Core dumps are getting created.
Follow the guidelines for obtaining a backtrace with GDB. These can be
found in the file "asterisk/doc/backtrace.txt"

Look in http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20debugging

If you learn to read the backtrace, you can know with great detail what
is causing asterisk to crash. You may run into known bugs, so you can
check the bugtracker and/or the recent versions Changelog to see if it's
solved. Maybe you'll have to decide to upgrade it or not, or upgrade in
a separate machine and test throughoutly before putting the new version
into production.

Cheers,

--
Ing. Miguel Molina