[asterisk-users] Asterisk PBX causes mysql to take more CPU time

MURALI V vimurli.ace at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 10:52:25 CDT 2009

Hi All,

      I am using asterisk-1.4.22 with mysql as my storage medium for voice
messages.Right now i am running 700+ extensions with this setup .

*System Configuration:*

asterisk-1.4.22.1
(using odbc storage for voice messages)

unixODBC-2.2.11-7.1
mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.12-2.2
mysql-server-5.0.45-7.el5
CentOS-5.2 (64 bit)

*The following are the issues i am facing:*

      1) CPU time always shows 30%-90% for mysql when asterisk is running .
The CPU time goes normal for mysql  when asterisk is stopped.

      2) calls are getting dropped suddenly.

      3) Some answered calls does not hear anything at the
receiver/initiater end.

      4) asterisk itself gets crashed at times

      5) Core dumps are getting created.

Is there any optimizations or configurations needs to be done on my server
in order to drill down this issue?

Please help me out in troubleshooting this issue, This problems are getting
worsen day by day.

Thanks in advance.

--
always   with    smile