[asterisk-users] Send 200 OK with SDP instead of 183 with SDP when ringing starts

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Sep 4 11:09:47 CDT 2009

4 sep 2009 kl. 13.40 skrev Marius Ciorecan:

> Hello, all. I have an asterisk 2.3.2 and a Sangoma interface through
> which I connected an external PSTN line. I use it as carrier for VoIP
> calls. I can make successfully calls, but there's one problem, I
> receive
> 200 OK with SDP with delay (sometimes more than 30 seconds).
> So when I make a call through asterisk I receive intially:
> - 100 Trying
> - 183 Session Progress, with SDP
> when the called number respond, I start receiving RTP with voice, also
> the called receives voice from me, but only after a while asterisk
> sends
> 200 OK with SDP.
>
> I'm not sure if the problem is from asterisk or from the telephony
> provider (I think the provider). Is there a posibility to replace 183
> with 200 OK ? I mean from the moment when ringing starts to receive
> 200
> OK with SDP instead of 183 ?

You can answer() at any point in the dialplan - and that will generate
a 200 OK.

Like

exten => marius,1,answer()
exten => marius,n,dial(sip/mariusphone)

This will generate an immediate 200 ok, regardless if mariusphone is
busy or gone from the network.
It's propably not what you want.

Asterisk sends 200 OK on the incoming call as soon as we get a
connection reply, a 200 OK or something similar in other protocols on
the outbound call. For some reason, this happens very late for you and
causes your problem. Could be some issue with the service provider,
your ISDN connection or -even worse - your IAX2 trunk... (could not
resist)

Please start with debugging that and solving the real issue, instead
of trying to change the functionality in Asterisk :-)

Regards,
/O

---
oej at edvina.net - http://edvina.net
Open Unified Communication - building platforms with SIP and XMPP
 From PBX to large scale implementations for carriers. Contact us today!