[asterisk-users] Send 200 OK with SDP instead of 183 with SDP when ringing starts

Marius Ciorecan marius.ciorecan at sarmet.com
Fri Sep 4 06:40:39 CDT 2009

Hello, all. I have an asterisk 2.3.2 and a Sangoma interface through
which I connected an external PSTN line. I use it as carrier for VoIP
calls. I can make successfully calls, but there's one problem, I receive
200 OK with SDP with delay (sometimes more than 30 seconds).
So when I make a call through asterisk I receive intially:
- 100 Trying
- 183 Session Progress, with SDP
when the called number respond, I start receiving RTP with voice, also
the called receives voice from me, but only after a while asterisk sends
200 OK with SDP.

I'm not sure if the problem is from asterisk or from the telephony
provider (I think the provider). Is there a posibility to replace 183
with 200 OK ? I mean from the moment when ringing starts to receive 200
OK with SDP instead of 183 ?

Thank you,
Marius