[asterisk-users] Allowing multiple callers to join a public speaking session...?

MeetMeCall info at meetmecall.nl
Thu Sep 3 01:40:21 CDT 2009

Meetme() is the way to go. Running it on a virtual machine might not
be such a good idea bacause dahdi_dummy, needed for Meetme() might not
run. Google on "Meetme() cmd asterisk" and check the parameters
available. There is one for "listen only mode".

Don't forget to add a conference room to /etc/asterisk/meetme.conf

All you need is a did from a sip dial tone provider with enough
incoming lines, a straight asterisk install with dadhi_dummy loading,
enough bandwidth for the connections (85 kbs per line) and a handfull
of lines in /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf

Make sure you use ulaw with the connection to you sip dialtone
provider otherwise the asterisk server has to transcode all the
channels from ulaw (used by Meetme() ) to whatever codec is used.

Erik de Wild
Tripple-o
Your Asterisk migration partner
the Netherlands