[asterisk-users] OT - Number Portability

Cary Fitch caryf at usawide.net
Sat Oct 31 08:55:31 CDT 2009

Two more comments.

Yes, to join the PSTN call distribution system you must have SS7.

While rural ILECs are not exempt from number portability, there is a court
injunction that saves them from having to transport the call out of their
local rate center, so getting calls from a distant RILEC to a central point
is at a cost to the requesting carrier.   There are other complexities.

Cary Fitch