[asterisk-users] Real replacement for AgentCallBackLogin() onAsterisk 1.6

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Fri Oct 30 13:54:30 CDT 2009

I'm going to have to tackle this issue in the near future for one of my
clients, and the approach I'm thinking of taking goes something like this:

Store queue codes in the AstDB that are associated with actual queues (i.e
queuecode 1001 = sales_queue, 1002 = cust_serv_queue, etc).  Have the users
dial an extension that first authenticates them, then prompts them to enter
their queue code.  The queue code is then used to pull the name of the queue
they are trying to login to from the AstDB and that is then used with the
AddQueueMember command to add the user to their specific queues.

Very rough idea at the moment, but hopefully it gives you some ideas to work
with.

Thanks,
--Warren Selby