[asterisk-users] OT - mISDN and B410P questions

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Sat Oct 24 11:26:44 CDT 2009

Hello,

I'm evaluating to possibility to use chan_misdn as a short term workaround,
in case latest Dahdi is not stable enough for what we are planning to do (we
wish to use Junghanns and Digium BRI hardware with Asterisk 1.6) .
I've read www.mISDN.org but still have a couple of questions :

1. Is correct that in a 2.6.27 (and up) enabled kernel, the "embedded" mISDN
version is 2.X ?
2. Is it correct that Asterisk MUST use chan-lcr to access this mISDN
software or is it still possible to install mISDN 1.X to be able to use
chan_misdn ?
3. Am I correctly understanding README in Dahdi-linux when I think you can
switch Digium B410P support from dahdi to chan_misdn, just editing
/etc/dahdi/modules file ?
4. Would you trust chan_misdn as a valuable short term solution for ISDN BRI
with Asterisk 1.6 ?

Regards