[asterisk-users] Linksys 962

Michel Verbraak michel at verbraak.org
Fri Oct 23 00:47:19 CDT 2009

Jeff LaCoursiere schreef:
> Working with a new client that has a ton of these phones, and in a new
> installation the phone is registered, can place and receive calls with no
> issues, but has a "locked" picture of a phone in the upper right corner.
> Any Linksys experts know what this means?  I have searched the admin guide
> and googled to no results...  really just an annoyance I suppose, but I
> would like to know what it means :)
>
> Cheers,

Hi,

We have a bunch of 922 and 962 phones. On the 922 phone a phone and a
lock means that the phone is locked by a password for requesting
possible sensitive information, last numbers dialed - phone settings -
etc.., through the use of the phone's buttons.

For example the recently dialed list of phone numbers, one of the
buttons under the display, can only be seen after you enter a password.
You press the button and the phone asks for a password. Changing of the
the phone settings, ip - sip proxy - etc.., is also protected by password.

We have our phones in a provisioning network where we manage which
phones are locked for access to sensitive information and which are not.

Regards,

Michel.