[asterisk-users] Concurrent calls including mysql taking lot of time for execution

Benaiad benaiad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 19:20:47 CDT 2009

Abdulmnem Benaiad
  Almontaha CTO
  Almontaha IT Co.
  cell: +218 92 5200025
  fax: +218 21 4835263
  www.almontaha.com.ly

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 11:57 PM, das sandesh <sandesh440 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> I already used the tuning-primer.sh script to enhance the values for the
> parameters,  but still it was being slow to connect when there are lot of
> calls (calls around 150-200 calls). Also I reduced mysql queries in the code
> as well as many other steps, but only problem coming is with repect to the
> connection from asterisk to mysql (also I am using <direct ip address> and
> not the dns name).....is it better to use any additional mysql server apart
> from this application server? or adding additional hardware would help (like
> dual quad core)?
>
> Thanks
> Sandesh
>

> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Matt Riddell <lists at venturevoip.com>wrote:
>
>> On 22/10/09 7:30 AM, das sandesh wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I tried getting our server setup for 400-500 simultaneous calls, calls
>> > were going through properly but at around 200-250 calls, mysql (connect
>> > ...) statement was taking at least 5-10 sec to connect to the database.
>> > I optimized all possible parameters in my.cnf:
>>
>> Without knowing what you're optimising you're unlikely to have much luck
>> just setting values.
>>
>> We have had quite good success with the tunish-primer.sh script:
>>
>> http://www.day32.com/MySQL/
>> http://www.day32.com/MySQL/tuning-primer.sh
>>
>> We run with MySQL at about 500 queries per second with no problems - we
>> don't however use Asterisk's MySQL libraries.
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Matt Riddell
>> Director
>>
>> http://www.venturevoip.com/news.php (Daily Asterisk News)
>> http://www.venturevoip.com/st.php (SmoothTorque Predictive Dialer)
>> http://www.venturevoip.com/c3.php (ConduIT3 PABX Systems)

Regarding Mysql delay, I've faced this problem before in my local network
and this problem has been solved by adding all of my servers IP's and names
in the "/etc/hosts" file.
even when connecting locally, I think , asterisk will use a real IP instead
of 127.0.0.1 when connecting to mysql and mysql will try to resolve it's
name, and this step will take some time.

Regards.

--
Benaiad