[asterisk-users] AGI STREAM FILE and not blocking execution

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Oct 22 08:53:52 CDT 2009

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009, Patrick wrote:

> I'm wondering if I can take benefits of long prompts to compute in the
> background the next step to be performed by Asterisk.

I did this a few years ago so that I could process a credit card
authorization request while the "Please wait..." prompt was playing.

I did it by creating a new thread (in C) in my AGI to play the prompt.

Usually I get the card response before the prompt finishes playing so to
the caller it's "instantaneous."

--
Thanks in advance,