[asterisk-users] OT - Gigaset Chagall - How to download firmware without Internet access ?

Kyle Kienapfel doctor.whom at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 04:24:50 CDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 10:15 PM, Olivier <oza-4h07 at myamail.com> wrote:

> 2009/10/21 Leif Madsen <leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org>
>
>> Olivier wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Siemens Gigaset line of products include an integrated web browser with
>> > which firmware download is possible.
>> > The trouble is you need to provide Internet access.
>> >
>> > We use a couple of these boxes in LANs not connected to Internet for
>> > security reasons.
>> > So I would prefer to download firmware upgrades from my own TFTP or HTTP
>> > server.
>> >
>> > Thanks to Wireshark, I could list downloaded files list. For instance,
>> > latest C450IP files include :
>> > http://gigaset.siemens.com/chagall/1/0/master.bin
>> > http://gigaset.siemens.com/chagall/1/0/../baselines.bin
>> > http://gigaset.siemens.com/chagall/1/0/../chagall072_01.bin
>> >
>> > All these files can be copied (using a wget command) and copied to a
>> > personal web server but information is missing to extend this process to
>> > each model.
>>
>> Change your local nameserver to resolve the address to a private IP
>> instead of
>> to the public IP?
>>

> Yes but the hard part is to properly identify and copy the files to
> download.
> With C450IP, you can edit a text field from which the base station will
> download its firmware (using HTTP or TFTP).
> The trouble is I don't know which files exactly to put in the HTTP or TFTP
> server.
>
> Reading at the example above, I would say 3 files are needed for this
> 072_01 firmware.
> When the next XXX_YY firmware will be published, should I just add the
> chagallXXX_YY.bin file in the appropriate directory ?

Take a look at the master.bin and baseline.bin files.

master.bin references baseline.bin which references ../chagall072_01.bin so
when a new firmware comes out get the firmware itself and the new
baseline.bin file to point at it.

I googled the firmware url and found this page
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Siemens+Gigaset+C450IP scroll down to the
php script that pokes around for strings

I walked down this path and it looks like default settings for voip
providers
l_0910091456.bin -> c_0910091456_eng.bin -> pus_0910091456_eng.bin ->
d_gizmo5_us.bin