[asterisk-users] Concurrent calls including mysql taking lot of time for execution

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Wed Oct 21 17:51:16 CDT 2009

On 22/10/09 10:57 AM, das sandesh wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> I already used the tuning-primer.sh script to enhance the values for the
> parameters,  but still it was being slow to connect when there are lot
> of calls (calls around 150-200 calls). Also I reduced mysql queries in
> the code as well as many other steps, but only problem coming is with
> repect to the connection from asterisk to mysql (also I am using <direct
> ip address> and not the dns name).....is it better to use any additional
> mysql server apart from this application server? or adding additional
> hardware would help (like dual quad core)?

The thing is, concurrent calls won't make any difference, it's the calls
per second.

And really you're unlikely to use too many queries per sec.

Seriously, use at least AGI (fastAGI would be better but AGI will at
least give you a start).

So:

1. Do you get the same delay if you use MySQL command line at the same time?

2. Do you have a programming language you know well enough to connect to
MySQL in?

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell