[asterisk-users] Concurrent calls including mysql taking lot of time for execution

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Wed Oct 21 15:57:21 CDT 2009

On 22/10/09 7:30 AM, das sandesh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried getting our server setup for 400-500 simultaneous calls, calls
> were going through properly but at around 200-250 calls, mysql (connect
> ...) statement was taking at least 5-10 sec to connect to the database.
> I optimized all possible parameters in my.cnf:

Without knowing what you're optimising you're unlikely to have much luck
just setting values.

We have had quite good success with the tunish-primer.sh script:

http://www.day32.com/MySQL/
http://www.day32.com/MySQL/tuning-primer.sh

We run with MySQL at about 500 queries per second with no problems - we
don't however use Asterisk's MySQL libraries.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell
Director