[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Nuance Vocalizer TTS Engine

Christophorus Laube christophorus.laube at semanticedge.de
Wed Oct 21 14:09:30 CDT 2009

Hi,

I think you should use the nvcmdline utility to synthesize your prompt
to a certain file to be specified. Afterwards, you could play that on
your asterisk, for example a wav file. But this could be some kind of
long lasting as the TTS synthesizes in realtime, i.e. the longer the
prompt is the longer you have to wait for the file to play. So, using
AGI should be worthwile to take a look at. Using the nvcmdline utility
you should use bash AGI or something more scripty. If there is a Java
API for Nuance Vocalizer (I do not know that) you also could use that.
Regards, Christophorus