[asterisk-users] Concurrent calls including mysql taking lot of time for execution

das sandesh sandesh440 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 13:30:47 CDT 2009

Hi,

I tried getting our server setup for 400-500 simultaneous calls, calls were
going through properly but at around 200-250 calls, mysql (connect ...)
statement was taking at least 5-10 sec to connect to the database. I
optimized all possible parameters in my.cnf:

max_connection=1000
wait_timeout=60
query_cache_type=1
query_cache_limit=4M
query_cache_size=512M
interactive_timeout=120
connect_timeout=80
table_cache=1024
thread_concurrency=8
long_query_time=10
tmp_table_size=64M
join_buffer_size=1M
thread_cache_size=200
key_buffer=32M
table_cache=1024
sort_buffer_size=2M
read_buffer_size=2M
read_rnd_buffer_size=4M

And I am running on asterisk 1.4.22.1, Quadcore processor 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM,
mysql 5.0. Some times we get dead air even after 50-100 calls. Is there any
other additional parameters or variables or resources (hardware) to be
looked into to increase the speed of mysql connections?

Your advice is really appreciated.

Thanks
Sandesh.