[asterisk-users] DAHDI: TCM PCI Master abort

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Oct 21 11:10:17 CDT 2009

I'm assuming this is an issue with DAHDI. I am running asterisk 1.4.26
on Fedora 11 with dahdi-linux kernel modules 2.2.0.2-65 (both from
ATrpms). I have a "Wildcard TDM400P REV I (4 modules)" with one POTS
line and three local extensions (never can remember which is FXS and
which is FXO )-:  and a couple of SIP phones; small
home system. About once or twice a month this happens.

What I observe is that the system is comatose. I can switch via
CTRL-ALT-F2 to a console window and I can see the "TCM PCI Master abort"
messages whizzing past. They are also written to the syslog over and
over and over and over and...  until the file system fills up and Bad
Things (tm) happen. The only way to get the system back at this point is
to do a hard reset, wait for it to come back, remove
the /var/log/messages file, then reboot again (I tried just restarting
syslog after removing the file but due to things other than asterisk on
the system, this isn't enough).

Has anyone else seen this? Is it due to some error in my DAHDI
configuration?

Thanks,
--Greg