[asterisk-users] RAMDisk vs Extarnal server for recording

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 10:42:03 CDT 2009

Hello,

Yep, I'm the ViciDial Guy :)

In our most recent release we do have some instructions in the
SCRATCH_INSTALL.txt doc on setting up a tmpfs partition for recording.

8GB should be fine for the 60 concurrent recordings under the times
you gave, although with MySQL and Apache/PHP you may run into issues,
so I would recommend moving MySQL/Apache/PHP off to a different server
ASAP.

Thanks for the compliments!

MATT---