[asterisk-users] RAMDisk vs Extarnal server for recording

Robin robin at zoap.org
Wed Oct 21 10:22:28 CDT 2009

Hi Matt,

ain't you the vicidial guy? I'm actually trying to get this stuff fixed on a
vicidial system.

Anyway, the minimum length is 10-20 seconds, maximum can get as long as
15-20 minutes, and on average it's about 2-5 minutes, depending on the
campaign.

The server is now doing everything btw, but I'm going to dedicate it to only
handle calling and recording. The rest (database and http) will be moved to
other servers, which might help a bit too.

*Off topic*: the company I work for went bankrupt a few months ago, but is
back in business and we are making heavy use of vicidial (awesome stuff).
Going to do loads of work on it, so hope to give loads of (usefull) code to
the vicidial project by the end of the year. Looking forward to it!