[asterisk-users] IMAP voicemail using subfolders fails.

Barry L. Kline blkline at attglobal.net
Wed Oct 21 06:57:05 CDT 2009

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> It's not present in the current 1.4 doc/imapstorage.txt file, or any
> later version. I don't even know why the storage format would matter,
> since that would be very specific to the IMAP server that is managing
> that folder.

Hmmm....

http://markmail.org/message/up3rfmdk2kjf6r7y

is a link that contains the contents of a README file that looks like it
came from Digium.   About half-way down is:

Mailboxes should use the "mbx" mailbox format. The "mbox" format does
not support concurrent access to mailboxes, which can cause deadlock or
strange behaviors. You can convert mailboxes from mbox to mbx using
mailutil:

Perhaps that came from a different product?   I think that I'm going to
just go ahead and implement IMAP VM and see what happens.

Thanks very much Kevin!

Regards,

Barry