[asterisk-users] RAMDisk vs Extarnal server for recording

Robin robin at zoap.org
Wed Oct 21 06:36:32 CDT 2009

Thanks for your response.
The hardware I have now is not sufficient to set up a ramdisk (just 4 gb)...
But memory is rather cheap nowadays. If i'd buf up the server with 8 extra
gigs for use as a ramdrive, do you think that might be enough to record
between 30-60 simultanious streams? Or should it be way more?

btw, I found this thread somewhere:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-October/120930.html,
but this is rather old info. Is this documentation still usefull? And if
not, do you happen to have any idea/url/doc where I can find a bit less old
info?

thanks,

robin