[asterisk-users] how to limit the calls leaving a queue?

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Tue Oct 20 09:10:25 CDT 2009

Niccolò Belli escribió:
> No one can help me?
>
> Darkbasic
>
> Il 18 ottobre 2009 15.49, Niccolò Belli <darkbasic4 at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
>> 2009/10/17 Paul Hales <pdhales at optusnet.com.au>:
>>
>>> I have used the group function to limit the calls entering a queue for a
>>> similar reason to yourself.
>>>
>> But I do not want to limit the calls entering a queue (I can already
>> do it with maxlen= in queues.conf), people should wait in the queue
>> until an operator hang up.
>> Is it possible to do it?

With the standard options your are right, you can limit the incoming
calls that *enter* the queue. But AFAIK, there's no way to limit how
many calls *leave* the queue. You only have a timeout to control *when*
a call leaves the queue, not *how many* of them. With that been said, I
only can think of a dialplan solution, that could fit your needs or not:

1. Queue your call normally, with the standard timeout you want
2. If the call leaves the Queue, it will continue dialplan execution at
next priority, and there you can make it be part of a group of channels.
3. Count that group and check if it reached the *limit* you need. If
above the limit, *requeue* your call to the same queue it was.

That's all I can think of, without a hard work of messing with
app_queue.c source code. Hope you get the idea.

Cheers,

--
Ing. Miguel Molina
Grupo de Tecnología