[asterisk-users] OT - DECT SIP Phones

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Mon Oct 19 02:08:41 CDT 2009

----- "Gordon Henderson" <gordon+asterisk at drogon.net> wrote:

| On Sat, 17 Oct 2009, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
|
| > Hi Gordon,
| >
| > Thanks for that ... Which Siemens Gigaset model have you been
| installing
| > ? I presume you need one with a base station aswell ?
|
| I've installed many models - starting with the C450IP which is now
| obsoleted. The A580IP range seem to be the budget end now, but are
| otherwise OK, the C475IP's are what I've installed recently.
|
| The base plus the first handset come as a bundle - the base is a
| separate
| unit, so you need 2 mains sockets for the first phone!
|
| > I see Snom are bringing out M9s aswell !
|
| Er, good for them. I find Snom generally overpriced for what you get
| though. The repeater is good, but it is a complete b'stard to setup if
| you
| have to do it manualy (e.g. for Siemens phones) - no buttons, so plug
| in,
| wait, unplug, wait - for various periods of time )-:
|
| Gordon

Gordon,

do you mean the repeater on the M9 ?

I know what you mean about the price though I don't mind paying a little extra if the product is worth it.  My issue I have with the M3s is that voice occasionally breaks up on even internal calls; no way to download/upload the configuration of the gateway (Snom have said this is for security !?!?); You can upload a directory but cannot download so if adding a new contact from one of the handsets you the have to update you central CSV :(; No mixture of common or handset address books.

I should get the S685 tomorrow; so once the M9 is out will buy one to compare the two.  From what I have seen of the M9 (small picture) it does look like they have improved the styling and buttons over the M3 which is a good start.

Cheers,

dangerous content and is believed to be clean.

SplatNIX IT Services :: Innovation through collaboration