[asterisk-users] SIP - busy tone detection

Ivan Stepaniuk ivan at albafotonica.com
Wed Oct 14 05:01:00 CDT 2009

Asterisk wrote:
> Hi guys,
> My Asterisk box is connected to a VoIP provider using SIP protocol.
Unforunately, when I try to call a number that is busy, the provider
plays "busy" tones for 15 seconds and than hungups the call with
dialstatus=CHANUNAVAIL, instead of dialstatus=BUSY.
> Is there any way to detect busy tone pattern on a SIP call (are there any SIP equvalents of busydetect and busycount parameters)?
> Thanks, Alex

AFAIK this is not possible, yet. See this post, about the same topic:

http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20090703.122514.65031d43.en.html

--
Iván Stepaniuk
Alba Fotónica S.L.