[asterisk-users] DAHDI Dummy for Linux VServers

kn0x atlanticnynex at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 01:10:32 CDT 2009

I'm running dahdi on the host system, and have added the /dev/dahdi/
devices to the guest vserver as recommended in Beave's "Virtual Private
Asterisk" whitepaper (http://www.telephreak.org/papers/vpa/).
I tried copying libtonezone.so and libtonezone.h to the guest, but I
couldn't anything to replace zaptel.h in DAHDI souce (it seems dahdi.h
was deprecated?).
I need to fool asterisk configure script into thinking dahdi was
actually installed because ./configure script isn't satisfied with just
having the devices present.

Any suggestions for getting asterisk to build with support for
components using DAHDI timers in vservers (for meetme, internal timing,
etc.)?