[asterisk-users] Asterisk to Asterisk access voicemail - not working

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 18:09:41 CDT 2009

I just double checked the setting of the remote asterisk and it has the same setting as mine.
Sip.conf has in Global:
dtmfmode = rfc2833
individual extension has no dtmf setting at all, so global setting take precedence.

All units Linksys, Sipura have
DTMF Tx Method: Auto

Linksys has an additional setting:
DTMF Tx Mode: Strict

My asterisk is using old Sipura units and dtmf tones to access voicemail are recognized.
The remote asterisk is using newer Linksys units and dtmf to voicemail does not work, the phone hangs up.

The strange part is:
PSTN --> Asterisk (voicemail access) works OK on both sytemes.
Asterisk (w/Linksys) --> Asterisk (w/Sipura) to Voicemail works OK
Asterisk (w/Linksys) --> Asterisk (w/Linksys) to Voicemail DOES NOT work
Asterisk (w/Sipura) -->  Asterisk (w/Linksys) to Voicemail DOES NOT work

So it seems to me the Linksys units don't work as they suppose to.

--
Joseph