[asterisk-users] Incoming extension not working.

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sat Oct 10 13:03:39 CDT 2009

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:

> Anyway, I've got IAX set up to Vitelity.  When I try to call my DID, I
> get:
>
> Rejected connect attempt from 64.2.142.19, who was trying to reach
> '6031234567@'
>
> This leads me to my first question -- why doesn't it show a context? (My
> second is, what's wrong with the snippets, below?):
>
> iax.conf:
> [vitelity]
> context=vitelity
> register => username:password at inbound6.vitelity.net

Asterisk doesn't show a context because it couldn't match the connection
to any user section.

1) The "register" line belongs in the "general" section.

2) The "client section" needs to be named "vitel-inbound." Vitelity
requires this. If you enable IAX2 debugging, you will see that Vitelity
passes vitel-inbound as the username.

3) You didn't specify a type.

4) You didn't specify a secret.

I like to keep the register keyword close to the client section so I use
the following syntax:

; vitelity.net inbound
[general](+)
         register                        = example:example at inbound6.vitelity.net
[vitel-inbound]
         context                         = from-vitelity.net
         secret                          = example
         type                            = user

This is the bare minimum.

--
Thanks in advance,