[asterisk-users] VoiceMail and IMAP

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Fri Oct 9 10:00:09 CDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 15:07 +0100, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have followed the article on how to install Asterisk with VM in IMAP but for some reason it still continues to send it as a email.  I have the following in voicemail.conf :-
>
> imapserver=xxxxxxxx
> imapfolder=voicemail
> imapport=143
> expungeonhangup=yes
> imapflags=notls
> authuser=xxxxxxxxx
> authpassword=xxxxxxxxx
>
> and I have added imapuser and imappassword to the configured users.  Could it be because I still have their email address specified and that is overriding it ???
<snip>
Hi, Phil.  I believe that is the case exactly.  In fact, we have a
hybrid case.  Some of our clients are using our mail system in which
case their messages appear natively in their Zimbra account.  Others are
not so we simply email them in the traditional way.  Take care - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation
jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com