[asterisk-users] MeetMe option question

Robert McGilvray rmcgilvr at globeop.com
Fri Oct 9 07:37:19 CDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Richard
Kenner
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 8:23 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] MeetMe option question

We've started to use Asterisk for conferencing and have been getting
some
complaints.  Our configuration is that some people call in from home,
but
we have a physical conference room with a Polycom.  When somebody was
giving
a presentation in the physical conference room, we were told that the
remote
people kept hearing him cut in and our.  To me, this sounds like the
talking
optimization was getting false negatives.

Is there a way to say "don't apply talk optimization to this user" so we
could add that to the Polycom when it called it?  From a quick scan of
app_meetme.c, I don't see one, but it doesn't look too hard to add.

--

You can do this in the dialplan. Just launch MeetMe with different
options based on the caller, I use SQL and AGI in my installations but

If (${CALLERID(num)} = "Polycom callerID") {
	MeetMe(CONFROOM|AscM);
} else {
	MeetMe(CONFROOM|AscMo);
}

My syntax is probably off a bit but that should get you started. You may
also want to consider just turning off the talker optimization entirely
- I've found it to be very problematic and generates more complaints
than it's worth.

Bob