[asterisk-users] MeetMe option question

Richard Kenner kenner at gnat.com
Thu Oct 8 07:22:42 CDT 2009

We've started to use Asterisk for conferencing and have been getting some
complaints.  Our configuration is that some people call in from home, but
we have a physical conference room with a Polycom.  When somebody was giving
a presentation in the physical conference room, we were told that the remote
people kept hearing him cut in and our.  To me, this sounds like the talking
optimization was getting false negatives.

Is there a way to say "don't apply talk optimization to this user" so we
could add that to the Polycom when it called it?  From a quick scan of
app_meetme.c, I don't see one, but it doesn't look too hard to add.