[asterisk-users] MPG123 Dying

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Fri Oct 9 06:14:43 CDT 2009

----- "--[ UxBoD ]--" <uxbod at splatnix.net> wrote:

> [...]
| |

| | > You figure out why asterisk is crashing. :)
| | >
| | > This has nothing to do with mpg123, which is just an innocent
| | bystander.

| |
| | I had an issue with mpg123 a few days ago where all of a sudden
| | Asterisk was
| | using 100% of the CPU. It happened over and over and I decided to
| just
| |
| | remove it. Any particular reason why you need to use mpg123 ?
| |
| On investigation it looks like a issue with my commercial Digium G729
| licenses.  With Asterisk CLI running I make a call, via IAX, and the
| following appears :-
|
| Connected to Asterisk 1.4.26.2 currently running on voip (pid = 3296)
| Verbosity is at least 3
|     -- Executing [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:1] Dial("SIP/1001-b7d17d10",
| "IAX2/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxxx") in new stack
|     -- Called xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
|     -- Call accepted by 217.14.138.130 (format g729)
|     -- Format for call is g729
|     -- IAX2/xxxxxxxxxxx-3436 is making progress passing it to
| SIP/1001-b7d17d10
|     -- Hungup 'IAX2/xxxxxxxxxxxxx-3436'
|   == Spawn extension (splatnix, xxxxxxxxxxxxx, 1) exited non-zero on
| 'SIP/1001-b7d17d10'
| voip*CLI> Asterisk ended with exit status 127
| Asterisk died with code 127.
|
| Disconnected from Asterisk server
| Executing last minute cleanups
| [root at voip asterisk]# Automatically restarting Asterisk.
|
| Have opened a support ticket with them.

Hmmm, I thought I would try and eliminate whether it was the G729 codec by trying the one from Howler.  I get exactly the same error :(  I place a IAX call, which is fine, but as soon as I hangup it kills Asterisk.

Any pointers on how to debug this please ?

Best Regards,

dangerous content and is believed to be clean.

SplatNIX IT Services :: Innovation through collaboration