[asterisk-users] Today's problem: Inbound call routing

Ben Schorr bens at rolandschorr.com
Fri Oct 9 03:00:19 CDT 2009

O.K., so AsteriskNow 1.4.26.2, FreePBX 2.6.0RC2.1  We have a Digium
TE205P connected to a single span if ISDN PRI.  The Telco has assigned
us two local numbers to test incoming calls.  I created an inbound route
for one of those DID's and assigned it to one of our extensions.  Sounds
simple enough.

Too simple, apparently, when I dial the number the caller gets a
recording that it's a non-working number and this is what I see in the
CLI:

Extension '8085255935' in context 'default' from '808xxxxxxx' does not
exist.  Rejecting call on channel 0/1, span 1

So...other than creating the inbound route and assigning it to an
extension I apparently have to do something else.  Any suggestions as to
what that might be?

Ben M. Schorr
Chief Executive Officer
Roland Schorr & Tower