[asterisk-users] Realtime static does not work in 1.6.1 or 1.6.2

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Thu Oct 8 16:37:59 CDT 2009

	Starting with Asterisk 1.2 I have always used realtime static to load
my extensions.conf into Asterisk.  It worked perfectly up to version
1.6.0.X but starting from 1.6.1.X and upwards it simply does nothing.  I
can see that the extensions.conf file is mapped to the database:

  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf':   == Found
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/extconfig.conf':   == Found
  == Binding extensions.conf to mysql/general/ast_config
  == Binding agents.conf to mysql/general/ast_config
  == Binding voicemail to mysql/general/voicemail_users
  == Binding sipusers to mysql/general/sip_buddies
  == Binding sippeers to mysql/general/sip_buddies
  == Binding iaxusers to mysql/general/iax_buddies
  == Binding iaxpeers to mysql/general/iax_buddies
  == Binding meetme to mysql/general/meetme
  == Binding queues to mysql/general/queue_table
  == Binding queue_members to mysql/general/queue_member_table

	Only extensions.conf and agents.conf are static, all other configs use
the regular realtime engine and they all work fine.  This is the table
structure I have been using since 1.2:

CREATE TABLE `ast_config` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `cat_metric` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `var_metric` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `commented` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `filename` varchar(128) NOT NULL,
  `category` varchar(128) NOT NULL,
  `var_name` varchar(128) NOT NULL,
  `var_val` varchar(200) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),
  KEY `filename_comment` (`filename`,`commented`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci;

	What changed since 1.6.1.X to break realtime static?  I do not see any
errors on startup, the dialplan simply does not load.  Since we have
developed our own GUI for configuration we cannot use it with these
versions of Asterisk.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001