[asterisk-users] Help setting up IMAP_STORAGE on CentOS 5

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Thu Oct 8 15:52:33 CDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 15:45 -0500, Jason Parker wrote:
> Noah I. Engelberth wrote:
> > I’ve been spending the day trying to get IMAP_STORAGE on my test box, to
> > evaluate for production, but I’m having no luck getting uw-imap to
> > build.  I’ve tried installing it from an upstream package, but Asterisk
> > still isn’t finding it to compile –with-imap.  My google searches have
> > turned up very little for documentation on dependencies, gotchas, etc
> > for either item, so I’m hoping someone here can help me get IMAP set up
> > for my Asterisk box.
> >

> You should be able to just `yum install libc-client-devel` on CentOS.
<snip>
That should indeed solve the dependency problem but it doesn't always
work when it comes time to connect to the IMAP server.  We spun our
wheels for hours and hours trying to figure out why.  As it turned out
in our case, the version of libc-client included in CentOS was too old
to work with our Zimbra 5.0.16 installation.  We had to install cclient
from source.  It may or may not be a problem for Noah but it certainly
bit us! Thanks - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation