[asterisk-users] DTMF problems during a message play

Ivan Stepaniuk ivan at albafotonica.com
Thu Oct 8 05:21:25 CDT 2009

Barton Fisher wrote:
> I'm using the latest asterisk-1.4.26.2 and no zaptel trunks used, all SIP.
> I have one user that is having problems once he connects to asterisk.
> He's dialing from his home phone (pstn) to a Vitelity DID (SIP Trunk)
> which goes to my asterisk  IVR.
> If he presses a dtmf during any message, the press is ignored unless the
> press was a #, 0 or *.  Otherwise, he needs to wait for the message to
> stop before the press is hear.

The problem could be at your provider's system, perhaps you should try
to submit a support ticket. I know Vitelity had different gateways with
different DTMF configurations.

Also... it would be too much bad luck, but I had a bad chinese phone
phone with a bad -row- in the DTMF keyboard, it worked with the telco as
the detection was more relaxed, but not with our old PBX.

> dtmfmode=rfc2833
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw

Over ulaw you could try to use inband, or auto... your millage may vary.

--
Iván Stepaniuk
Alba Fotónica S.L.