[asterisk-users] Choose IAX or SIP trunking?

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Wed Oct 7 02:01:14 CDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 22:11 -0700, Kirill 'Big K' Katsnelson wrote:
> On 091001 0406, Mindaugas Kezys wrote:
> > We had many problems with IAX2, changing to SIP solved them all.
> >
> > Let me paste link to wise-words which clearly illustrates our experience:
> > http://wiki.kolmisoft.com/index.php/Why_we_do_not_suggest_to_use_IAX2
>
> Thanks for the wise-words. From the responses I got, SIP seems a much
> better option.
>
>   -kkm

Obviously, it is an outdated document that should be revised.

It stated:
"Now sip supports more than asterisk sip supports. SIP RFC requires tcp
support for example, yet its not in trunk yet."

This feature is already in the 1.6-branch, production. You just need to
enable it in the config. I used it in connecting to Microsoft-stuff,
quite some months ago.

So the url seems no more than FUD. It should be updated or removed.