[asterisk-users] Polycom retrieve call from hold

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Mon Nov 30 21:20:05 CST 2009

On Saturday 28 November 2009 06:48:01 pm Darrick Hartman wrote:
> Mike Diehl wrote:

> > Ok, so I've got a very old firmware on my phone that needs to be
> > upgraded.  If I remove my provisioning file(s) from my ftp server and rev
> > the firmware, would this completely wipe out any and all prior
> > configuration on the phone?
> >
> > If this would work, I could elliminate about 50K worth of XML from the
> > equation.  Then I'd go in and configure the phone via the web.  If I have
> > a working phone, then I can conclude that either the upgrade fixed it, or
> > the XML provisioning file I was using was at fault.
> >
> > Does this sound right?  Does anyone have a better/different idea?
>
> I'd configure the phone using the XML files, but take a look at the
> method that Karl Fife has documented here:
>
> http://www.kfife.com/voip/
>
> Minimal changes are made to files.  The base config files are never
> touched which makes upgrading firmware versions super easy.

So I listened to the podcast and read all I could.  Turns out that this is a
very elegant solution, and it worked.  My call hold works.  Then I geeked out
over the micro-browser and IM capability.... for about 2 hours.

The I got cocky....

I decided to change my user id from line_1 - line_3 to 0004F211D1D0-1 -
0004F211D1D0-3.

I was thinking that this simple change would go quickly and it would make my
config much more uniform, as I use the same convention for the
Sipura/Linksys/Cisco TA's.

The problem is that after changing the the [MACADDRESS].cfg file to contain
reg.1.auth.userId="0004F211D1D0-1, the phone is still trying to register with
the old credentials.  My fsftp log file confirms that the phone is actually
downloading the new .cfg file.

What am I missing?

--

Take care and have fun,