[asterisk-users] Max how many users in sip.conf

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 09:43:02 CST 2009

> I’m running CENTOS 5.3 with apache 2, asterisk 1.4.26.2, mysql 5 and php
> 5.2.11.  top shows 928mb out of 1035mb in use with idle asterisk and 17
> users. There could be a problem, but I’m relatively new to CENTOS, so any
> suggestions would be happy.

I use CentOS for asterisk boxen, too, and my first task after
installing the OS is always to use chkconfig to disable the many
totally unnecessary processes that are on by default.  I can usually
get it down to around 400MB - 600MB used, including asterisk (mostly
small offices with less than 20 users).  I never use mysql or any
other dbms, though.

- Noah