[asterisk-users] Polycom retrieve call from hold

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Sat Nov 28 04:41:31 CST 2009

On Friday 27 November 2009 11:09:02 am Noah Miller wrote:
> Hi Mike -
>
> > I've got a Polycom 501 that's been working with Asterisk for some time.
> > However, I don't seem to be able to put a call on hold and get it back.
> >  It goes on hold just fine.  But when I press the resume button, nothing
> > happends.
> >
> > Anyone seen this befor?  Any ideas on where to start to fix it?
>
> Nope, never seen that one, and I've worked with a LOT of Polycoms.
>
> Which SIP/bootrom versions?  What asterisk version?

I'm running sip 1.6.6.0036 and bootrom 3.1.2.0011 and Asterisk 1.4.0-beta2.

> Maybe the resume soft button is programmed to do something else other
> than take the call off hold?  What happens when you press the physical
> hold button (to take the call off hold)?

I don't think this is the case, but I've attached a copy of my phone.cfg file,
if you want to have a look.  The passwords have been sanitized, of course.

I'm starting to get deparate to fix this...

--

Take care and have fun,
Mike Diehl.