[asterisk-users] Please some enlightment on ENUM !!

Leif Neland leifn at neland.dk
Thu Nov 26 04:30:45 CST 2009

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Norbert Zawodsky
  Sent: Thursday, November 26, 2009 10:46 AM
  Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Please some enlightment on ENUM !!

  Leif Neland schrieb:

  > But if a pstn or cell call +431123456720 will it be connected to
  > +4311234567 ? Or will the call fail?
  > If so, +431123456720 is an invalid number.
  >
  > Leif
  That depends on the Dialplan coding.
  A non-sip call comes in from the VoIP provider into the associated
  context. The provider ignores anyway if there is an extension specified,
  or not. He just routes any call to my "base" number to me and the
  dialplan decides how to handle nonexistent extensions...

Ymmw.
If I make a cell call with extra digits beyound the 8 digts to my asterisk, the extra digits are stripped off, I only see the official 8 digits in the sip dialog, not the extension.

To call in directly, I use 12345678p911 in my cell.

Leif