[asterisk-users] How many lines do you use.

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Wed Nov 25 11:49:45 CST 2009

At 02:18 AM 11/25/2009, you wrote:
>Just for some information really : How many of you use multiple sip
>lines on a phone ?.
>
>I'm sitting here looking at my 7960, with it's 6 lines. I've every
>only used one line, and I was wondering if I was a weirdo ;)

I've fought with the same question. When I first set it up, every
phone had 4 sip lines so I could tell where the call came from. As my
skills and understanding got better I changed them all back to one
and use the dialplan the modify the callerid Name to tell me where
the calls came from.   It seems to work much better this way and it's
a lot easier to keep track of what's going on.  Also, the phone
understands how to deal with 9 calls at once if you just let it be
and if you start assigning a line to each button it doesn't seem to
handle that kind of thing as well.  Aastra 480i-CT.

Ira