[asterisk-users] IVR for asterisk

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 13:03:26 CST 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 7:12 AM, B.Masoud @ SH <info at saudihome.com> wrote:
> Anyone can recommend a commercial large scale IVR with easy + pro management
> for asterisk?

Those words don't mean anything to anybody except you. For instance,
"large scale" is meaningless. You need to say out loud how large
'large' is. We define 'large' as number of simultaneous phone calls
the service needs to support. Are you planning on being the phone
voting platform for American Idol?

Commercial just means you paid money for it. You can pay money for
just about anything.

'Easy' and 'pro' don't usually go together.

FreePBX is free, and asterisk is free. You can use them to make IVRs
with browser-based management that is easy enough to turn over to
Windows users who cannot operate a command-line interface. The pro
users can go to a lower level and make customizations or debug with
the CLI. I think FreePBX on top of asterisk is the closest I can think
of to match 'easy' with 'pro' for asterisk.

You can pay Digium for professional support.
Or you can pay a third party for professional services to build
something like this.
Or you can buy an asterisk appliance that does most of the work for
you, but you lose some of the control to do things the way you want.

You can post to the asterisk-biz list if you are looking to hire
professional services to build something like this for you.