[asterisk-users] music on hold

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 19:08:45 CST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 10:31 PM,  <asterisk at opensourcesolution.in> wrote:
> hello friends i want very simple thing in my dial plan.
>
> 1.When ever calls come at exten 2000 and if it is not answered with in 60
> secs it should hangup.

Set absolute timeout to 60 seconds.

> 2.when ever call comes at exten 2000 and if it is answered within 60 secs
> and if person who receives the call, puts the call on hold than music on
> hold should begins.

Setup music on hold:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+config+musiconhold.conf

> 3.if music on hold is placed for more than 60 secs call should hangup.

As far as I know, that is impossible to do with current code, since
asterisk sees an answered call the same way a call thats place on
hold, therefore asterisk has no way to distinguish between being on
hold or actively talking on the phone.