[asterisk-users] server unresponsive

Edwin Lam edwin.lam at officegeneral.com
Fri Nov 20 15:41:23 CST 2009

hi folks.

we've experienced some weird problems lately. we have about 600
SIP phone on a single system running *1.4.26.2 for about a month.
recently there was massive UNREACHABLE messages like this one
showed up:

chan_sip.c: Peer '2699' is now UNREACHABLE!  Last qualify: 1252

then they all became reachable again in a few seconds. sometimes
it last for couple minutes. but sometimes it last for hours, when
that happens. the system will get very slow and eventually error
like this will start showing:

channel.c: Exceptionally long voice queue length queuing to IAX2/hostpbx2-12619

after a while the whole system will become unresponsive
until i kill the asterisk process.

i've checked our network switches/routers and connections.
they all work fine without any packet lost.

any suggestions?

--
Edwin Lam <edwin.lam at officegeneral.com>
Systems Engineer, Office General, Inc.