[asterisk-users] asterisk-users Digest, Vol 64, Issue 52

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Nov 17 12:53:16 CST 2009

The "problem" with online help is the "verbosity" of the asterisk console.
If you are in "realtime" and you have the CLI set for a verbosity higher
than 1, you have a lot to deal with trying to separate the help output from
the normal "asterisk chatter" (the stuff that comes from calls,
registrations, etc).  The smoothest way to use help is Tzafir's suggestion
of using "asterisk -rx help |less" from a shell.  If you are at the console,
you can use a second tty session or window; if at your desk, perhaps a
second putty session.  Of course you can "can" most of the "chatter" by
doing "core set verbose 0" before doing help.