[asterisk-users] New Open Source CTI client for Asterisk

Oliver Nittka oly at nittka.com
Tue Nov 17 11:27:42 CST 2009

Hallo everybody,

today i've released the very first (and very alpha :-) version of ABCTI,
a CTI solution
for Asterisk written in python, using pyGTK and py-Asterisk. It talks
directly to the
Manager API, so no additional software is required on the Asterisk server.

You can find it on Sourceforge as
http://abcti.sourceforge.net

Basic functionality is already there: Originate, Transfer, Hangup, show
status, show incoming calls, history.
But it's currently only tested on my own PBX (Horstbox Pro with custom
extensions.conf),
so i would be very eager to hear other users experience with my event
processing, as the logic
behind it was mostly created by just looking at the events and making
intelligent guesses :-)

Documentation is non-existant except for doxygen comments in the code.

Anxiously awaiting your feedback ;-)

  -- o