[asterisk-users] can't call through voip provider

Landy Landy landysaccount at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 16 14:40:12 CST 2009

Hello.

Sorry to repost this message but, I don't have the original message in my inbox nor in my sent box.

Well, last week I posted a problem I am having trying to use an asterisk server use a voip provider and a pstn. Pstn works fine but, I cant even connect to my provider's server. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I tried using a soft phone and I'm able to register and make calls with it but, when it comes to rerouting the call through asterisk I not able to establish a call.

This is my setup:

modem ------ router/firewall -------- LAN

The asterisk server is on the lan side. I have the modem in bridge mode which assings my router/firewall the external ip address. I have FORWARD to  ACCEPT in the router and I still cant establish a connection.

My sip.conf file looks like this:

[general]
externhost=optimumwireless.com
localnet=172.16.0.0/16

register => username:secret at my.service_provider.tld

language=es
;allow=gsm
allow=all

[voipprovider]
type=friend
host=208.78.163.3
username=username
fromuser=username
secret=password
port=5060
dtmfmode=rfc2833
nat=yes
insucure=port,invite
allow=all
careinvite=yes

I don't know what else to try. When I try to call I get this at the cli:

== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
-- Executing [91xxx763xxxx at default:1] Dial("SIP/102-b6a06a40", "SIP/1xxx763xxxx at voipprovider") in new stack
== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
-- Called 1xxx763xxxx at voipprovider

Please help me with this I'm running out of options.

Thanks in advanced for your help.