[asterisk-users] How to write the incoming stream to pipe/socket instead of .gsm file

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Nov 16 00:43:32 CST 2009

Named pipes are presented the same way to calling applications as
files, so you can just write to them as though they were a normal file.

UNIX domain sockets and TCP sockets require socket system calls to
connect to them for the purpose you are trying to achieve, which
Asterisk does not offer natively.

Needless to say, I recommend the use of a named pipe.